Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vera Jean Jenkins - Grace Media Services announces streaming pre-recorded broadcast of Homegoing Service and News Special

(GMSNewsChannel.com) Brooklyn Park, MN - Gospel music's legendary Vera Jean Eskridge Jenkins' symphony of life began on January 13, 1933 when she was born to beloved parents Luetta & Eugene Eskridge in North Little Rock, Arkansas. At the age 76, she died of heart failure March 21, 2009 at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. Vera began her gospel training as a musician at King Solomon Baptist church in North Little Rock, as a very young girl. In her late teens and early twenties, she became the musician, and an original vocalist for the famous Loving Sisters. (read more)

Broadcast Schedule
Homegoing Services - Watch This Week On DEMAND
(A Pre-recorded Broadcast).

News Special exclusive - Watch This Week On DEMAND
The Legend, Legacy remembered. Behind the scenes interviews with siblings; Dr. Gary Hines of Sounds of Blackness; the reknown Roland Wilson, Pastor Thelma Battle Buckner and GMS Correspondent Rozenia Fuller. Location: GMSNewsChannel.com
Guest/Bloggers Watch Now OnDEMAND: Did you miss the Event? Post your condolences or comments or the impact Vera Jean Jenkins made on your life.

Send cards, gifts/condolences:
Mrs. Carlus Brewer-Brown
9030 W. Sahara Ave 116
Las Vegas, NV 89117

Vera Jean Jenkins Legacy Foundation/Media Inquiries:
Grace Media Services (GMS)
gracemediaservices@yahoo.com
763.221.6894
http://www.gmsnewschannel.com/






3 comments:

  1. Mother Lois StewardApril 15, 2009 at 5:35 AM

    Prophetess Stalling,

    Thank you for making available the broadcast of your interviews with local gospel singers, family and friends of Vera Jenkins. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend her homegoing services, so it was a blessing to me to watch your broadcast. I was a member of Vera's gospel group, the Gospel Cheerette's in the early sixties along with Pastor Thelma Buckner, Sadi Nolan and others. I treasured memories of rehearsing at Vera's house and singing on programs with the Cherrette's. I count it a blessing and an honor to have shared in a small portion of her legacy. My condolences go out to the family and friends of such a great prayer warrior and singer.

    Mother Lois Steward
    Brooklyn Park, MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the legacy of Vera Jean Jenkins. Wonderful job!!

    Joyce Marrie
    Executive Director
    Crossroads Panorama
    -Youth Education Through the Arts-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am a resident of Omaha, Nebraska. However, I am a native of Minneapolis. I was very fortunate to have worked under the direction of Mother Vera Jenkins for many years. Because of her gifts and many talents I sing today. I didn't know of her passing until a few months later. I was so delighted to find your segment and tribute to this wonderful woman of God. Thank you for your work on this piece, it was a blessing to my heart.
    I sat at my desk this morning and laughed and cried. I went waaaaaaaaaaaaay back down memory lane. God bless you.

    Stephen T. McNeil
    Omaha, NE

    ReplyDelete